Directions to UMBC:
From Route 95 (North or South)
The UMBC Exit is THE SAME EXIT off of 95 for the BWI Marshall Airport.
Follow the signs for UMBC, Rt. 166, Catonsville. The main entrance to UMBC is off of I-195. Once you are on UMBC’s campus (landmarks: Silo on the left, BW Research Park), stay in the right lane.
- Make a RIGHT onto Hilltop Circle (this street circles the campus).
- Pass Administration Drive on your left (immediately past the parking garage)
- Make the 2nd LEFT onto Commons Drive. This brings you to the Commons Garage, on the left. You will approach another stop sign.
- Continue forward; as you proceed you will see an open oval shaped road which loops around in front of a large 3-story building, directly across from the Commons Garage.
- The Commons Building will be in front of you. It is a multi-leveled glass walled building. Park in any open space or open lot after 3:30. If you park at a meter, you must have coins available to pay the metered fees.
- Please bring quarters. Machines are available within the covered parking lots and on top of the parking garages to provide change from dollar bills. Questions? Contact Parking services. http://www.umbc.edu/parking/
- We will have 25 parking passes available on a first-come/first-serve basis. If you desire a parking pass, please put 1-2 quarters into the meter to hold your space, come to the Sports Zone in the Commons (location for the Summer Horizons breakfast) between 8:15 and 9:00 AM, and pick up a pass. You will need to return to your car to put the parking pass on your windshield mirror. This pass will carry you through the rest of the day, and you will not need to add any additional quarters to the meter.
The Commons is surrounded by the Parking Garage, the Physics Building, the Public Policy Building, and the Theatre. You will know that you are in the right place because Commons Drive ends in a loop with these buildings at the edges. If you come into the Commons Drive entrance you will be on the ground floor.
There are glass doors to the left and to the right of the building. If you enter through the left, proceed up the stairs. If you enter through the right you will arrive at the Information Desk. Directly opposite the Information Desk is a set of stairs which leads to the Sports Zone. If you’re lost, ask anyone to point to the commons. It is the central building on campus, and easy to spot.
Campus Map: http://www.umbc.edu/AboutUMBC/CampusMap/
Directions for the Meyerhoff Chemistry Building: http://www.umbc.edu/chem/general/visitor.html
About the Meyerhoff Chemistry Building: http://www.umbc.edu/blogs/umbcnews/2005/10/umbc_to_dedicate_robert_and_ja.html
About the Commons: http://www.umbc.edu/commons/
Back entrance view of the Commons:
Click here for a photo of the Commons, back entrance, based on the directions above.