Directions to UMBC:
Free parking is permitted in Lot 22 with a special permit (EVENT PERMIT Grad Jul 10). There is a walk involved between Lot 22 (marked “22” on the map below) and the Meyerhoff Chemistry Building (marked “CHEM” on the map below). Closer, metered parking is available in other lots such as the Administration Drive lot and the Commons Garage. Bring plenty of quarters if you choose to park at a meter! All university parking regulations are in effect during the summer, therefore parking without a permit in an un-designated area, or lapsed meters are subject to ticketing.
- Closest Airport: BWI Marshall
- Closest Amtrak Station: BWI Marshall Airport (not Baltimore). This station supports Amtrak trains and the local Marc Train (Commuter Train, includes stops for Washington, DC, Bowie, and Baltimore) – Penn Line, http://mta.maryland.gov/sites/default/files/Penn_Apr12_gridonly.pdf
- From Washington DC, take the Red Line Metro Line to Union Station, and take the Marc Train (Penn Line) or take the 30 bus from Greenbelt to BWI. Schedule: http://www.wmata.com/bus/timetables/md/b30.pdf
- Taxi rides are approximately $20 between the BWI Airport or Amtrak/Marc Station and the UMBC Administration Building.
From Route 95 (North or South)
The UMBC Exit is THE SAME EXIT off of 95 for the BWI Marshall Airport.
Follow the signs for UMBC, Rt. 166, Catonsville. The main entrance to UMBC is off of I-195. Once you are on UMBC’s campus (landmarks: Silo on the left, BW Research Park), stay in the right lane.
- Make a RIGHT onto Hilltop Circle (this street circles the campus).
- Pass Administration Drive on your left (immediately past the parking garage)
- Metered Parking: Administration Drive Deck
- Make 1st LEFT onto Administration Drive
- Pass the lower deck entrance and proceed to the upper deck
- Make a left into the upper deck.
- Other Parking Options: http://www.umbc.edu/aboutumbc/campusmap/pdf/2010Map_Parking.pdf
- When you park at a meter, you must have coins available to pay the metered fees.
- Please bring quarters. Machines are available within the covered parking lots and on top of the parking garages to provide change from dollar bills. Questions? Contact Parking services. http://www.umbc.edu/parking/
Walking Directions from Administration Drive Parking Deck to Meyerhoff Chemistry
From the Administration Drive lot, walk straight. You will pass the following buildings and landmarks:
- Retriever Athletic Center (RAC) with the dog statue on the right, 10 story brown brick Administration Building on the left.
- Sondheim Building with statue of Mr. Sondheim on the right, Academic IV building on the left.
- Math/Psychology Building on the right, Starbucks and Chick-Fil-A in the 3-story University Center on the left.
- The Meyerhoff Chemistry Building is the reddish-brown brick building adjacent to the University Center.
Campus Map: http://www.umbc.edu/AboutUMBC/CampusMap/
Another Source for Directions, provided by the Chemistry and BioChemistry Department for the Meyerhoff Chemistry Building: http://www.umbc.edu/chem/general/visitor.html
About the Meyerhoff Chemistry Building: http://www.umbc.edu/blogs/umbcnews/2005/10/umbc_to_dedicate_robert_and_ja.html
Archive: Directions and Information 2011